Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Super mom and super author, Desiree DeOrto seems to do it all. I sometimes wonder if she's a vampire, because I don't know how how else she accomplishes so much in the day!
Back for some more "Finish the sentence" with Desiree already are we... okay we'll here you go.:)) Remember you can comment below with your own sentence starter and we'll get Desi to answer them! (tomorrow they'll be posted here)

1. Nobody likes a... Chattering flamingo
2. TV is for... aliens
3. At the end of the rainbow there's... a lucky little leprechaun sitting on a pot of gold (do Not burst my bubble)
4. Sometimes it's better not to fall, but to... fly off towards the heavens and shit on the people who have held you down o.O
5. I wish I could... fly, I wish I could touch the sky, think about it every night and day.....jams out

I remind you that she participated in this inquisitive event by choice. *holds hands up* Promise. Below there are some more wonderful random questions and then we'll break into the bookish questions! Remember if you have a question or "finish the sentence" idea, comment below and Desi will respond or you can also check out her answers. here)

1. Can you remember where you drove the first time  with your license?
Lol I'm to old to remember that for back. I don't even remember what I did last week!

2. If you were a food what would you be?
Mozzarella (sp?) sticks. I would totally start consuming myself O.O

3. Between a vampire, witch and a shapeshifter, who would win?
The rock will win. You see, the witch will throw the spell at the shapeshifter, make it go rabid, but she did it wrong and it ended up attacking her. The vampire became furious because he's a softy and doesn't believe in harming women, just making them his love slaves. So he killed the shapeshifter. Right after, the sun came up, and  poof went vamp. Thus, there was nothing left except for the harmless rock on the battleground, who then went on and gathered his other rocky buddies and conquered the world.

4. Do you have a unique or trade- mark saying?
throws confetti

5. Do you sing in the shower? What kind of tunes do you sing?
I sing all the time, as long as it's not in front of any other people O.O And I love to sing everything, whether it's opera or death metal rocks out.

6. How about you're least favorite character? What makes them unappealing to you?
I really don't have a least favorite character for the simple fact that when I created them, I also created why they are the way they are. So while I don't like how some of them turn out to be, there's still the understanding that I know how they got there in the first place. So while you want to hate them, you can still sympathize.

7. Have your characters taker over and led your story in a different direction?
On yes. I was so focused on writing that I literally had to stop, look over what I had written and ask myself where in the hell it came from lol. luckily, it worked out really well. That's what I love my characters, I know where I want them to end up, what trials they have to go through, yet they all still have their own voice.

8. What's your favorite thing to do when you're taking a break from working on your WIP's?
I'm a huge nerd, so I break out the LOTR trilogy. As a celebration for actually finishing my first book, I went out and bought The Hobbit. I also do arts and crafts.

Giveaway:
here



The Prophecy Blurb:

The people of Shiloh, Virginia thought it was just a story. A legend to keep children from misbehaving. A challenge to prove you have courage. What they didn't know was that it was real. All of it was real. 

 When Starlette McKinley moved from the sparkling lights of  LA to the sleepy town of Shiloh, she didn't know that she would be the catalyst. She didn't know that the rage and energy pulsing through her would be the key to unleashing an unsurmountable power that would either be the saving of mankind, or it's destruction.

The blood will run, and the prophecy will be revealed. But will she be able to overcome the insurmountable odds? Or will she succumb to the energy within, welcoming the darkness that has become her only friend.