Thursday, June 27, 2013

                             Touching Melody

Author: RaShelle Workman
Publisher: Polished Pen Press
Pages: 286 pages
Series: Forever First
Genres: Contemporary Romance


  Sometimes life isn't pretty, but you have to close your eyes and let go...


Maddie Martin's first weekend at college is nothing like she's used to. It's wild, like the wilderness on which the University of Bellam Springs sits. Roped into going to a fraternity party, she literally runs into Kyle Hadley. The boy she's loved since she was nine. The boy she promised all of her firsts to. But that was before his father killed her parents.

  Determined to stay away from him, she throws herself into her music. Practicing piano eases her heavy heart, calms the sadness, and pushes away images of Kyle's face.

Until it doesn't.

Her music professor asks her to play a duet for their annual Winter Gala. Doing so means she'll be assured another full ride scholarship. It's an opportunity she can't pass up. 

But Kyle is the half of the duet. And that means hours and hours of practicing.

Weeks of seclusion- just the two of them. And its more than just music. It's passion like Maddie never believed was possible. 

The inevitable happens. She falls in love with him all over again. 

But, will loving him be enough to erase all the hate in her heart for his father? Can she look at him, and not see the evil in his family tree? 

And maybe it's all a set up. Maybe Kyle is only pretending to care so he can finish what his father started, and kill her too.

Cover: I love the cover its great representation of the story.

Main Character: Maddie is the main character in this story. I think she was great the only thing she needed was to get over her pasts and let things go.

Emotion: This is another story that will have your emotions all over the place. I was mad ,and sad for her at times. Even had me thinking just get with him already, it drove me nuts at times but in a good way.

Things I love about this book: I love that theirs some mystery in it. Its hard to find a good contemporary romance with mystery in it that is for me anyway. I also love that for them to be apart for so long they find something in common and that is music. It brings them closer together even though she has things to work out about her past, her parents murder, and finding out why it happened.

Thing I hated about this book: I just hated that the characters had a bad childhood but it helped to make for a good story in the end.

Would I recommend this book: Yes, I loved this book. If you like a good contemporary romance with a little mystery in it you should give this one a try.

Will I buy/ keep it? I got a ebook copy to review so I would love to get this one for my book shelf.

Rating: I'm giving this one five stars, I can't wait for book two to come out.

Books similar to:  Hopeless by Colleen Hoover, The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski, Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines

 I always forget to say thank you to the authors and netgalley for the books they give me to review. So Thank you Netgalley and RaShelle Workman for a chance to review this great book.